Re: Suitable text editor [NOT word processor] or workaround?

On 04/01/2017 10:55 AM, cbannister@slingshot.co.nz wrote:
On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 06:38:52AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
The two files are nearly identical and need them displayed simultaneously
for instant visual comparison. Opening one of the files read only would be
acceptable but not preferable.

apt-cache show diffutils

(perhaps there is no need for a desktop on a "minimum" install.) :)

On 03/16/2017 09:04 AM, I {the OP} had written: