Re: Deb-Installer: Possible to set IP using a boot parameter?

On 03/31/2017 07:20 AM, Ron Leach wrote:
On 28/03/2017 18:15, Brian wrote:

Any combination of preseed directives can be used
as boot parameters. For example: netcfg/get_ipaddress=192.168.1.42.

AFAIK, not on the website. You can generate all the preseed options for
yourself. Search the wiki for "preseed".

Brian, thanks for the reply.  I see that that would seem to work

In the end I veered towards the 'preseed' approach, partly because some guidelines I was following and which included the USB rewrite were based on that objective. My first try has failed to produce a bootable USB, but I'll do a lot more testing and checking before perhaps asking for any more help. I recall that there's recently been a long thread about preseeding which will be helpful, I think.

regards, Ron

Isn't the boot device set in the BIOS? Perhaps your BIOS doesn't include a USB device in its selections?

--doug