Re: OT: speaking of days (weeks, months, years, etc.) (was: Re: Movie 'n Book recommendations by Curt)

On 2017-03-31, Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:

> For whatever it's worth, here in Ohio, "next Thursday" would mean the
> Thursday that occurs in the next calendar week.  "This Thursday" means
> the Thursday that occurs (or occurred) in the current calendar week,
> though you'd need to use the past tense when saying it today, or people
> would get very confused.

Someone once taught me a song about Ohio. It went something like this:

Oh why oh why oh why oh,
Did I ever leave Ohio.

Never forgot that song.

> If you want to be clear, just include the numeric date.  Your meeting
> would be "Thursday, April 6th".

2018.

Trouble with you people is you don't get out on some of the other days
of the week.

--
"It might be a vision--of a shell, of a wheelbarrow, of a fairy kingdom on the
far side of the hedge; or it might be the glory of speed; no one knew." --Mrs.