Re: Movie 'n Book recommendations by Curt

There is no ambiguity if (as I have always understood) "Thursday" means "this (or the coming) Thursday" and "next Thursday" or "Thursday next"  means "a week on Thursday".

And having lived in Yorkshire for two very happy years, I would agree that York is above London in so many ways...

Terence

On 31 March 2017 at 08:43, Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 08:56:25PM +0100, Terence wrote:
> Lisi asks "And is London "up" or "down"from York?"
>
> London is "up". "Up trains" were those travelling to London terminii, "Down
> trains" departed from London terminii to other parts of the rail network.

That's an interesting, if historical, explanation. These days York is definitely
up from London.

(Writing from Newcastle, up from London and York.)

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland