Re: [OT] Re: Issue with notebook (maybe the battery?)

Hi, Joe an Tomás.

>>> But in any case, whether the problem is in the charger or the
>>> battery, I suppose that to solve the issue I will have to change the
>>> part. I suppose if the problem is in the charger, the cost will be
>>> less compared to a battery.

>> Yes, but it is unlikely that a schematic diagram of the laptop
>> motherboard will be available. It shouldn't be too hard to locate the
>> parts used in charging, but if the main IC is faulty, it may not be
>> available in your part of the world [...]

> It's worth stressing on this point, since I've the suspicion that there
> is a misunderstanding on your part, Daniel: the charge controller isn't
> that external brick: that is probably just a more or less dumb power
> source. The charge controller is buried somewhere in your laptop (as
> Joe puts it, on the laptop's motherboard).

Yes, now that he talked about the schematic of the motherboard, I see
that he was referring to some internal component of the notebook. Thanks
for pointing this out, Tomás :-)

And about that:

> > Lots of contacts. It is possible that the battery electronics can
> > tell if it is correctly seated in the right model laptop, and will
> > not supply power if that is not the case. For your safety, of
> > course.

It could be a possibility...

Next week I'll take the notebook to the supplier for the test with a new
battery. They offered doing tests with a new battery for an entire day.
I think I'm going to suggest them to use a liveCD as System Rescue CD or
something like that, since the disk is encrypted. Although I'm not sure
if they will feel comfortable using GNU/Linux (and I don't know if there
is liveCD's with Windows).

Kind regards,
Daniel