Re: Issue with notebook (maybe the battery?)

On Tue 28 Mar 2017 at 15:46:36 (-0300), Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> I was observing these values:

> $ upower -i /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_BAT0
> (...)
>   battery
> (...)
>     percentage:          37%
>     capacity:            81,5333%
> (...)
>
> But I'm not sure if that will be indicator of something. "Percentage"
> seems to be the battery charge level. Looking at the upower
> documentation I found this [1]:

Yes, I just looked at the earlier lines that I'm familiar with, viz.

POWER_SUPPLY_ENERGY_FULL_DESIGN=60000000
POWER_SUPPLY_ENERGY_FULL=48920000
POWER_SUPPLY_ENERGY_NOW=18790000

> Yes, as I mentioned in another message in this thread, I have already
> contacted the supplier to go asking for availability and prices.

I'll cross my fingers for you. Please do likewise as these are
the figures from one of my laptops:

Charger in:
POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_FULL_DESIGN=3800000
POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_FULL=872000
POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_NOW=3800000

Charger out:
POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_FULL_DESIGN=3800000
POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_FULL=872000
POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_NOW=828000

IOW my baseline after 8 years is about 20% capacity.

Cheers,
David.