Re: Anyone know what this means when running aptitude update?

Op 28-03-17 om 00:57 schreef Mark Fletcher:
Right, for the key issue, that has taken me right back to where I started:

W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
1397BC53640DB551

Odd. If you do a web search with that number, you'll find a lot of posts mentioning this issue and all of them point to the same fix: get google's new key (file).

Possibly stupid question -- this is Jessie, does this mechanism of
dropping the files in trusted.gpg.d work properly in Jessie or is it
new?

Good question. Sven said it worked. I can't confirm that. It may be worth to try to import that key directly from a keyserver, like I suggested in my first reply:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 1397BC53640DB551

Regards,
Frank