Re: When specifying path to file - confused about ./ and ~/

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 09:48:00PM +0000, kAt wrote:

> PS  off-topic rant
> I just updated and a package named busybox came up.  Since I didn't know
> what it was I went into the page and its most recent revision of 1/2017
> seemed to be 3 years ahead of the testing/unstable version that we just
> updated now!  And this is very basic common stuff like cp and fdisk
> ......  How conservative is our system?  Wowww!

I think that has less to do with conservatism and more to do with busy,
unpaid maintainers doing what they can when they can, and probably
getting narked off with it after a while especially if there is no
evidence of appreciation from the community.

(I don't know any specifics of the busybox package, but what I describe
wouldn't be atypical)

Mark