Re: Upgrading Jessie to Stretch

Is there a reason to update the current system and/or reboot with the
updated kernel before jumping to a new system, or is everything set up
in a way that once updated and upgraded into the target system the
reboot will take you "up" there?

My experience has only been with various stages of Jessie into Stretch
and I thought I risked doing this, I've had one failure which was
probably due to an incorrect gfx-resolution adjustment, but in general
it worked.  Like going from 8.2 or 8.5 disk installation straight into
updated Stretch or Sid.  Let's say someone has a Debian 6 that hasn't
been updated for a while, can they switch to testing or sid and update?

cbannister@slingshot.co.nz: