Re: No sound-inputs but sound recording FMIT

cbannister@slingshot.co.nz:
> On Sun, Mar 05, 2017 at 07:13:22PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> In other words Back EMF?
>
> I know a chap who found about that the hard way when he tried to get
> something from nothing by charging a battery from a generator which he
> turned by having a fan connected to it. :)

What do you mean?  A generator or an alternator?  Given enough power
from mechanical source (wind) to overpower the resistance of the
generator it would produce current.  Most of them, except for brush
dynamos, will produce AC which needs to be rectified back to DC and
regulated at a current a little above that of the battery.  Whether it
is a bicycle or wind generator or your auto/moto charging circuit, isn't
it how it all works?
Now if you put a 3' fan in a truck alternator and a 100Amph battery I
suspect it would take a hurricane to get it moving.

> He didn't get electrocuted or anything, the fan abruptly stops turning.

This all started from the OP stating that FMIT (on all debian main
rep's) records sound without any audio inputs in the system.

Thread cannibals!  ;)