Re: Thin Client

On Sun 26 Mar 2017 at 18:55:08 +0100, David wrote:

> On Sun, 2017-03-26 at 18:25 +0100, Brian wrote:
> >
> > Although a Raspberry Pi is not particularly expensive, the 15 GBP
> > I paid for a brand new thin client was an attraction. It acts as
> > a print server. Do you want a list of printer manufacturers who do
> > not support Linux on the ARM architecture?
> >
> Brian, can you let me know where you buy your thin clients from?
> The source I've found is 20 GBP for second hand.

Off of Ebay. Doesn't everyone? :)

The one I mentioned is a Fujitsu A250. I think my purchase was a good
one but how can anyone work out how and why Ebay sellers pitch their
wares. The device works well for me, so I am satisfied.

Dan Ritter has a point though. If I were to buy anything similar now,
I'd consider the Raspberry - although it would mean leaving my comfort
zone of Debian.

Ebay (UK) has the HP T5730 for about 20 GBP. A 1GHz CPU. Not quite up to
processing HD video but a smart machine.

--
Brian.