Re: DD bs=4M option on USB mem-stick creates false format

On 03/26/2017 12:18 PM, kAt wrote:
dd if=/media/------/image.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=4M; sync

the image works but the format of the drive seems false
gparted when starting says that linux thinks it is a 256k block and not
the 4m it indicates.  It shows on an 8G drive an empty space of 28G

Is it the option of bs=4M that creates this problem. The free space can
not be formatted and partitioned.  As Gparted tried to claim and format
this space as a 6.7G which seemed right it crashed.

Any advise would greatly be appreciated
kAt-rin

I don't know anything about "why", but I regularly see it with Jessie.
Can't recall if it was present with Squeeze {I skipped Wheezy for OT reasons}.