Re: `Filter failed' no print error message

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

> There are two other questions in the mail you are responding to. You
> have not dealt with them. I'll repeat them for reference:
>
>  > From where did you get the necessary drivers?
>  > Is there any sign of "gstoraster" in your error_log?

Sorry...  No, no gstoraster in error_log.  From UnifiedLinuxDriver_1.02.tar.gz
I extracted ML-191xspl2.ppd and copied it in a subdirectory of my home
directory, and the file rastertosamsungspl that I copied into
/usr/lib/cups/filter.

> You have rastertosamsungspl as a filter. It needs to be given raster
> data. It looks like it is being given PostScript - so the filter stops.
>
> Also provide the outputs of
>
>  cat /etc/cups/ppd/ppd_for_the printer | grep NickName

Here it is:

# cat Samsung_ML-191x_252x_Series.ppd | grep NickName
*ShortNickName: "ML-191x 252x"
*NickName:      "Samsung ML-191x 252x Series"

> and
>
>  cat /etc/cups/ppd/ppd_for_the printer | grep cupsFilter
>
> You will probably have to be root to get these.

and:

# cat Samsung_ML-191x_252x_Series.ppd | grep cupsFilter
*cupsFilter:  "application/vnd.cups-postscript 0 rastertosamsungspl"

What now?  Thanks...

Rodolfo