Issue with notebook (maybe the battery?)

Hi all!

Last night, when I was going to close my notebook (with Jessie), I
unplugged the charger cable waiting for the notebook to automatically go
to sleep mode and surprisingly it turned off. It was a bit late so I
left the issue to check it out today.

I re-plugged the charger cable and KDE displays a message saying
"Charging ..." but the charge level does not exceed 38%.

Some observations:

* If I unplug the charger, the notebook turns off. I would expect it to
not turn off if the battery has a 38% charge.

* When I plug in the charger, I notice that the battery LED blinks green
for a few seconds (as if it was charging), then blinks orange for a
moment (as if the battery is low) and finally it goes out (as if it were
already loaded).

* If with the cable plugged in I go to the KDE option to sleep the
notebook, it works. But as soon as I disconnect the cable, the notebook
turns off.

Maybe it's a problem with the battery? Can you think of any other tests
I can do to identify the source of the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Daniel