Re: installer defaults for desktops (was Re: Suggested edit)

Hi Jonathan,

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 10:16:16AM +0000, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 06:29:35AM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> > It can be useful to note the names of people who can't seem to
> > prevent themselves from writing argumentative and massively
> > off-topic responses over and over again. It's a relatively small but
> > vocal list.
>
> Yes... but,
>
>  a) the whole list is small and vocal, unfortunately
>  b) killfiling on an individual basis (which I do) does not improve the quality
>     of the list for others (nor Debian's reputation)

I completely agree. This small group of people are ruining it for
everyone and it's not something that can be fixed on a mailing list
that doesn't commit to ruthless banning of off-topic postings. :(

It's a pity that the Debian Shapado instance at
https://ask.debian.net didn't take off more than it did (and now
seems to be completely broken). That does at least allow Stack
Overflow-style scoring of answers to keep things mostly on-topic.

There is also the Debian tag on Stack Overflow, though that is of
course hosted on non-free software.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/debian

Cheers,
Andy