Re: installer defaults for desktops (was Re: Suggested edit)

On Friday 24 March 2017 12:06:58 Joe wrote:
> I've mentioned recently that I once did a non-expert netinstall, in the
> days when I used static addresses and no DHCP, and was miffed to find I
> had no network interfaces at the end of the process.

Until fairly recently I have always had static IPs and chosen to use static
IPs.  I have always been able to tell the installer so, and have ended up
with a properly configured network and a well-written network interfaces
file.

I now use DHCP with addresses fixed in the router via MAC address, so this
doesn't arise.

Lisi