Re: udev doesn't like systemd-shim

On 2017-03-23 at 01:05, David Griffith wrote:

> I switched to sysvinit by following the directions at
> http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_remove_systemd_from_a_Debian_jessie/sid_installation
> This seemed to work until I tried to install sshfs whereupon I got this:
>
> E: /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/udev failed with return 1
>
> Poking around, I found that /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/udev
> contained references to systemd.  Re-adding systemd-shim didn't help.
>
> Over in #debian-next@irc.oftc.net, I was told that I need to upgrade the
> packages udev and libudev1 to version 232-19, 233-4, or 233-5 because the
> existing package doesn't support systemd-shim.
>
> Is someone working on getting this into Stretch before the official
> release?

$ apt-cache policy udev
udev:
  Installed: 232-19
  Candidate: 232-19
  Version table:
 *** 232-19 500
        500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     215-17+deb8u6 500
        500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable/main amd64 Packages

udev version 232-19 is already in stretch.

--
   The Wanderer