Re: installer defaults for desktops (was Re: Suggested edit)

On Thursday 23 March 2017 22:54:13 Catherine Gramze wrote:

> >> What part of what I said is incorrect?
> >
> > Practically all of it.
>
> If any part of it was actually incorrect, you could and would have pointed
> it out.
>
> You just disagree with my opinion, on the basis of what *you* want Debian
> to be, as opposed to the stated principles of Debian.

The stated principles of Debian?  "Debian will remain 100% free.  We provide
the guidelines that we use to determine if a work is free in the document
entitled The Debian Free Software Guidelines. *****We promise that the Debian
system and all its components will be free according to these
guidelines.*****"  (my stars)

https://www.debian.org/social_contract

Anyone who reads this knows that the net-install disc cannot include non-free
firmware and that there could be a problem with connecting to the net.

> You are perfectly
> free to disagree, but do not make a false claim that what I say is
> incorrect when it is not.

I am not making a false claim.  What you said about me and about what I think
and believe is incorrect in practically every detail.   Stop maligning me and
then insisting that you know better than I do what I believe.

As for my being free to disagree, then let me disagree and leave me alone now.

Lisi