Re: installer defaults for desktops (was Re: Suggested edit)

On Thu 23 Mar 2017 at 11:07:22 +0100, Mart van de Wege wrote:

> Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> writes:

> >> If they're like you, yes.  Good riddance.
> >
> > This thread is a great example of why I really despise debian-user sometimes.
> > There's no reason to be so hostile, you simply disagree with each other. This
> > list is too toxic a lot of the time. Please either post friendly and
> > constructively or not at all.
>
> I disagree. Sometimes there is no disagreement, someone is just plain
> wrong. Catherine has been given the use cases that disprove her thesis,
> and has been contradicting herself.
>
> Continuing to be nice in some misguided attempt at false balance *does*
> *not* *help*. If someone is wrong, they should be told; if they insist
> on not wanting to be educated, at a certain point you must simply wash
> your hands of them. It's not nice, but it *is* constructive.

"Wrong" is wrong. Sometimes a rubust reply is required. This is not in
itself being hostile. The seeds of hostilty have probably been sown
earlier with the publishing of ill thought out ideas and information.

> "Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore"
>           - Cicero

This man has been banned from debian.roman.equestris for having a malign
and toxic influence. Do you really think you should be puffing him?

--
Brian.