Re: new packages

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 09:00:05PM +0100, Dejan Jocic wrote:
> Actually, it is in the man page of apt-get:
>
>  -u, --show-upgraded

Hmm... missing in stretch.  Present in jessie.  Maybe stretch decided
to turn it on by default?  (Stretch documents a "--no-show-upgraded"
option with no short equivalent.  Also, the -u option is accepted
without complaint.  Backward compatibility?)

Also, the -u in "apt-get -h" was from jessie... my bad, for reading
the man page on stretch, but then using apt-get -h on jessie.  I didn't
expect there to be such a large difference between the two.

So, testing... yes.  It does appear that "apt-get upgrade" and
"apt-get -u upgrade" both do the same thing on stretch.  I'll probably
still type the -u anyway, out of habit, and because I have many older
systems that need it.