Re: installer defaults for desktops (was Re: Suggested edit)

On Thursday 23 March 2017 16:48:56 Catherine Gramze wrote:

> >> How about the last time I installed Debian using a netinst dvd?
> >
> > Sorry, what? There's no such animal as a netinst dvd... The netinst is
> > a minimal-ish (small) CD-sized image that just contains the installer
> > and the (very limited) base system. The DVDs we make are much more
> > complete.
>
> When you burn the netinst iso to a dvd, because you can't buy blank cds
> anymore in any local stores, you have a netinst dvd. I can't remember the
> last time I saw a cd in the wild.

No, you do not.  You have a net install cd image burnt onto a DVD because you
didn't /couldn't be bothered to look for CDs.

How about:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_8?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=blank+cd+discs&sprefix=blank+CD%2Caps%2C178&crid=29MZRSVI13I1H
Or:
https://www.tesco.com/direct/search-results/results.page?catId=4294967294&searchquery=blank+CD&SrchId=4294967294
Or:
https://www.wilko.com/search?q=blank+CD

I assure you that Wilko is very wild!!  And for me, very local.

Just occasionally, Catherine, try to admit that you may not know everything.
In particular, that Steve knows more than you do.

Lisi