Re: installer defaults for desktops (was Re: Suggested edit)

Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 08:06:46AM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 08:52:46PM -0400, Catherine Gramze wrote:
>> > Do you prefer that people move on to other distros after a base system only
>> > installation because the Debian installer let them inadvertently get there?
>>
>> If they're like you, yes.  Good riddance.
>
> This thread is a great example of why I really despise debian-user sometimes.
> There's no reason to be so hostile, you simply disagree with each other. This
> list is too toxic a lot of the time. Please either post friendly and
> constructively or not at all.

I disagree. Sometimes there is no disagreement, someone is just plain
wrong. Catherine has been given the use cases that disprove her thesis,
and has been contradicting herself.

Continuing to be nice in some misguided attempt at false balance *does*
*not* *help*. If someone is wrong, they should be told; if they insist
on not wanting to be educated, at a certain point you must simply wash
your hands of them. It's not nice, but it *is* constructive.

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore"
          - Cicero

Mart

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.