Re: Unattended upgrades. Debian methods, please, not Ubuntu.

On Wednesday 22 March 2017 07:42:09 didier gaumet wrote:
> there is a doc in the Debian wiki:
> https://wiki.debian.org/UnattendedUpgrades

Thank you.  Yes, I have read and tried to follow it.  I quote:
---------
To install these packages, run the following command as root:

# apt-get install unattended-upgrades apt-listchanges
The default configuration file for the unattended-upgrades package is
at /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unattended-upgrades. The defaults will work fine,
but you should read it and make changes as needed.

# editor /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unattended-upgrades
---------

It clearly says that the defaults will work fine.  They don't.  They don't
seem to work at all, in fact most of the files don't seem to be there.

I have tried to read and follow the whole thing.  I have googled for other
things.  I have got no-where.  So any more useful pointers would be greatly
welcomed.

Lisi