Re: installer defaults for desktops (was Re: Suggested edit)

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 06:03:12PM +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Tuesday 21 March 2017 17:15:32 Catherine Gramze wrote:
Sent from my iPad

Note it is sent from an iPad!  Open Source all the way!!!!!

Incidentally, why did we need to know that?

These sorts of signatures are usually used on mobile devices for a number of reasons:

- Typing on a mobile tends to be less comfortable, or at least slower, than typing on a full-size keyboard. This lends to shorter, less detailed replies. The signature acts as a warning that "I'm not being brusque, I just don't have the capacity to state my case more loquaciously."

- Many mobile clients seem to restrict what you can put in a signature. You generally can't use formatting (as company branding might require), you often can't even use multiple lines. And if you want to read your signature from a pipe (so as to include a witty "fortune")? Good luck!

Lisi

--
For more information, please reread.