Re: installer defaults for desktops (was Re: Suggested edit)

On 2017-03-21 at 20:52, Catherine Gramze wrote:

>> On Mar 21, 2017, at 7:20 PM, David Wright
>> <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue 21 Mar 2017 at 15:44:18 (-0400), Catherine Gramze wrote:
>>>
>>> The installer allows you to continue the installation without a
>>> configured network card, and it shouldn't.
>>
>> Please explain how this statement doesn't take away the option of
>> continuing the installation without a configured network card.
>
> You are perfectly free to remove that $15 USB NIC after you reach the
> installation point you want. And don't even pretend that most people
> don't already have a spare NIC of some kind floating around their
> living space.

Most people certainly don't.

_I_ don't, and I'm an IT professional who does occasional programming
and packaging work in my spare time, and builds and installs my own
computers from scratch.

To the best of my awareness, every single network device in this highly
technically literate household household (a good dozen active-use
computers, including the laptops, but not counting the servers) is
motherboard-integrated.

--
   The Wanderer