Re: installer defaults for desktops (was Re: Suggested edit)

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 02:55:07PM +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 March 2017 14:33:29 Catherine Gramze wrote:
> > Refusing to continue an installation that will inevitably be a failure is
> > how it should act.
>
> Rot.  It will not "inevitably be a failure".  It can be a very good way out of
> some problems.

Agreed.  Some people may want to install Debian on a computer that
doesn't have a network interface *at all*.  They should be able to do so.
They *are* able to do so.

You know what I would change?  I would have the installer put a default
set of deb and deb-src lines into sources.list, but commented out, when
this happens, instead of leaving sources.list basically unconfigured
and requiring the user to research what SHOULD have been put there (and
usually getting it wrong).