Re: installer defaults for desktops (was Re: Suggested edit)

On Tuesday 21 March 2017 00:19:52 Catherine Gramze wrote:
> > On Mar 20, 2017, at 7:51 PM, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > That sounds as though it is the message that is at fault, not the
> > installer or installation method.  It should perhaps mention that you
> > have to carry on to get a desktop.  Is this in the set of DVDs?
> >
> > Lisi
>
> I have not done a dvd installation in many years, but IIRC it is true for
> the dvds and absolutely true for the netinst. The message about the base
> system being installed is the same.

What I was asking is where you yourself have encountered it recently, not in
what circumstances you believe it to be true.

Particularly where you have encountered it where it takes you past the point
of no retreat before you discover that you need a network driver, so that you
have wiped your old install and cannot continue to install your new one.

Lisi