Re: Where is data stored when Synaptic scans DVDs?

On Sun 19 Mar 2017 at 06:35:59 (-0500), Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 03/18/2017 06:13 PM, Brian wrote:
> >On Sat 18 Mar 2017 at 19:23:00 +0000, GiaThnYgeia wrote:
> >
> >>Brian:

> >>I don't what exactly you mean by this, I may have lost the connection.
> >
> >The word "data" is plural. Like "bacteria" or "criteria" or "nuclei" or
> >"dice".
> >
> >-
> >Brian.
> >

> But "data", being a collective noun, may take either a singular or
> plural verb.
> http://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/SubjectVerb.html#collective
> http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/001874.html

Good of you to settle that. I think I'll avoid the word and just
talk of "files".

How's the other research coming along?
Did you see if there were files whose timestamps change?
Did you see whether you can find the files which are apparently
indexed in /var/lib/apt/cdroms.list?
And if/when you find them, what are you going to use them for,
in view of your new philosophy of working from the DVDs anyway?
Or is it the 13 bookmarks added to your reading list that's the
only important thing?

Cheers,
David.