Re: Where is data stored when Synaptic scans DVDs?

On 03/18/2017 06:13 PM, Brian wrote:
On Sat 18 Mar 2017 at 19:23:00 +0000, GiaThnYgeia wrote:

Brian:
Stop pissing about. Is the data in /var/lib/apt or not?

I use to have friends like you when I worked in boat yards .... and
ships.  They seemed to behave better while talking to someone with a 4"
pipe wrench in hand.  Is this what it is about?  Not having a wrench
around you?

Nobody likes being shouted at; it is very upsetting. You can tell how
upset I was because I used "Is..." instead of "Are..." in my response.

I don't what exactly you mean by this, I may have lost the connection.

The word "data" is plural. Like "bacteria" or "criteria" or "nuclei" or
"dice".

-
Brian.

But "data", being a collective noun, may take either a singular or plural verb.
http://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/SubjectVerb.html#collective
http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/001874.html