Re: Netinstall of Debian 8 on DELL laptop fails

On Sat 18 Mar 2017 at 18:34:08 (+0000), Brian wrote:
> On Fri 17 Mar 2017 at 18:55:12 +0100, Klaus Jantzen wrote:
>
> > I am trying to net-install Debian 8.7. (Graphical expert install)
> >
> > After loading a couple of modules for the installation of the base system
> > the installer claims that
>
> Would you please explain what you mean by "loading a couple of
> modules....."? Do you mean "packages"?

I think the OP is referring to the list of modules for usb-storage and
suchlike. (That's the only one I've used and therefore remember the
name of.)

Could it be signofocant that the next step is to detect and mount
the CD-ROM, which is the first time linux touches it. (I'm assuming
that up to this point the CD was read by the BIOS rather than linux.)

> > beginning with 'groff-base' all modules are corrupted and cannot be loaded.
>
> Is this the exact message which the installer output on the screen
> and which is in the syslog? Did you reboot and try again? What was
> the result?
>
> > This is wrong as I used the same CD to install Debian on my PC without any
> > problems.
>
> What were you installing on this time.

Laptop. (In the subject line. I know, I don't like it either,
when people put information only in the header and not the body.)

> > Before that I had installed Wheezy on the laptop without any problems.
>
> Not relevant. It's a different image.

Cheers,
David.