Re: Where is data stored when Synaptic scans DVDs?

deloptes wrote:
> very good advise songbird
>
> we would usually dd the iso and mount via loop, then use either http or file
> share to provide the installer to the client

  plenty of ways to get this done.

  i forgot to mention that i've had media go bad
(both cds and dvds) and at that point i've also
had the installer fail because it could not read
a file from the disk.  copied what i could off
the disk onto the external USB drive and then
used the snapshot repository to get the deb that
was corrupted and all was good.

  spinning rust, usb stick or ssd at least is
more likely to not go bad.

  songbird