Re: Where is data stored when Synaptic scans DVDs?

On 2017-03-17, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
> As I have limited bandwidth, I install from DVDs.
> Also I frequently experiment with various options by doing a fresh
> install to a different partition.
> It is annoying to keep re-scanning a set of 13 DVDs.
> Where is the information stored?
> /etc/apt/sources.list is obvious, but where is the data about contents
> of each DVD stored?

https://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#list-image-contents

So

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/8.7.0/amd64/list-dvd/

for Debian Jessie 8.7 (AMD 64), for example.

Maybe not what you're asking. But if you would be kind enough to tailor your
questions to my answers, it would be much more pleasant for the both of us.

--
"It might be a vision--of a shell, of a wheelbarrow, of a fairy kingdom on the
far side of the hedge; or it might be the glory of speed; no one knew." --Mrs.