Re: Netinstall of Debian 8 on DELL laptop fails

On Friday 17 March 2017 17:55:12 Klaus Jantzen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to net-install Debian 8.7. (Graphical expert install)
>
> After loading a couple of modules for the installation of the base
> system the installer claims that
>
> beginning with 'groff-base' all modules are corrupted and cannot be loaded.
>
> This is wrong as I used the same CD to install Debian on my PC without
> any problems.

CDs can get damaged.  Or sometimes in practice a CD can be read in one drive
but not in another.

> Before that I had installed Wheezy on the laptop without any problems.
>

> Does anyone have an idea on how to solve the problem?

Download the file again and burn a new CD, preferably with a different
make/type of CD on a different drive - if you can manage it.  Do check sums
carefully.  Try again.  If you still have the problem, tell us.

Lisi