Re: tor -- way OT

Reco [2017-03-17 22:05:45+03] wrote:

> Sure. Deinstall/purge current Tor and privoxy. Install Debian's
> version of Tor. It should start itself. Point your Firefox to SOCKS5
> proxy located at localhost port 9050. That all you (ever) need,
> judging from your timezone.
>
> Do not mix HTTP proxy into your setup. You won't gain anything short
> of complicating your setup.

In practice the Tor network, especially hidden services, work badly
without a http proxy. It has been a while since I last tried but I
always ended up setting up polipo http proxy.

--
/// Teemu Likonen   - .-..   <https://keybase.io/tlikonen> //
// PGP: 4E10 55DC 84E9 DFF6 13D7 8557 719D 69D3 2453 9450 ///