Re: Where is data stored when Synaptic scans DVDs?

Richard Owlett wrote:
> As I have limited bandwidth, I install from DVDs.
> Also I frequently experiment with various options by doing a fresh
> install to a different partition.
> It is annoying to keep re-scanning a set of 13 DVDs.
> Where is the information stored?
> /etc/apt/sources.list is obvious, but where is the data about contents
> of each DVD stored?

  man apt-get

  and as i've previously said, you can copy the
dvds to spinning rust or a SSD and avoid all
future needs to reload from them again...

  and futhermore, if you are doing partitions
you can do some minimal install to get the base
system going, then do a partition copy of that
and you'll not have to redo the previous steps
again to recover if you want to try something
else.

  songbird