Re: Suitable text editor [NOT word processor] or workaround?

On Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:15:06 AM Christian Groessler wrote:
> On 03/16/17 15:01, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> > Well, I did, and I didn't ;-)  That was on the order of 15 years ago.
> > Problems that I can remember centered around fonts, font sizes,
> > readability, and compatibility with my past experiences (which, by that
> > time in my life, were mostly Dos / Window editors--in particular, I
> > loved (I think the name was qedit--if there is a qedit now on Linux, I
> > think it is something different than I remember).
> >
> > And, indeed, I might be misremembering the name.  It was a shareware
> > editor, and one of the few shareware programs I kept using (and paid
> > for).
>
> I'm remembering qedit (just "q" on the command line). It was a nice,
> clean, and fast, DOS editor.

Chris,

Ahh, yes, thanks--that was it!

> I was using BRIEF under DOS back then for programming, but for quick
> edits I was using q.

I encountered BRIEF, but, iirc, it was not free, and a little expensive for my
tastes at the time.

> It's successor is the "semware editor", but sadly, just for Windows.

Well, very rarely I do touch Windows, but--well, vaguely--I think I've heard
of semware (and /or the semware editor).  Each time I (have to) touch Windows,
I hope it is the last ;-)

regards,
Randy Kramer