Re: Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Arch Linux recognize my Acer Aspire S wifi, debian does not

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Dean Valentine
<deanvalentine@lhsla.org> wrote:
> I don't have debian installed on my computer yet, nor can I access the
> internet with it (because my wifi is down) so i don't understand how I would
> install the non-free package?

Hi Dean,

You'll have to install Debian from one of the non-free images first.
That should have your desired firmware.  Another user posted the
non-free page earlier, but in case you didn't see it here it is below:

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/

Good luck.

--
Pete Orrall