Re: Guide(s?) to backup philosophies

Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> writes regarding rsnapshot:
> Its behavior is correct. The performance is poor, relative to,
> say, zfs snapshots and sends. rsnapshot needs to do a lot more
> work.

	I like rsnapshot. I retired two years ago, but that's how
we backed up all our unix boxes and one didn't have to remember
much to recover files in a panic situation. Just go to the
last snapshot before whatever terrible event happened and, unless
you put your irreplaceable gem in and then blew it up between
backups, it's just a case of cp or scp.

Martin