Re: Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Arch Linux recognize my Acer Aspire S wifi, debian does not

On 03/14/2017 09:57 PM, Dean Valentine wrote:
I have installed three operating systems on this computer: Linux Mint,
Ubuntu, and Arch Linux. None of them had any problems detecting and using
my "Network Manager: Qualcomm Atheros 003e", and it shows up on lspci, but
when the Debian graphic installer attempts to do this, it fails and tells
me "No Ethernet Card" detected. I've attempted to use the ISO you've
provided for me with propryetary firmware bundled into it here:
https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/8.7.1/amd64/iso-cd/, but that couldn't
find it either. It's unusual because I see (or at least I think I see) my
drivers listed, and when i select them manually

What's going on? How do I get this to work? Obviously there are linux
drivers out there for Debian to use with my machine, they're just not in
Debian's isos for some reason.

Thank you for your time. I love your work.

Hi,

You didn't read that page. Here's the link you want: https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/ Good luck.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Stretch - KDE Plasma 5.8.4 - AMD64 - EXT4 at sda6
Registered Linux User #380263