[debian/stretch] problems playing zipped midi file on console

[Duplicates a post to _debian/italian@..._]

Hi all!

I hope somebody can help me solve this dilemma:

I have two PCs with the same debian version and (to the best of my
knowledge) the same configuration, at least AFA _/etc/mime.types_ and
_/home/user/.mailcap_ is concerned.

However, when I try to play a  zipped midi file (from within _lynx_) the
two PCs behave differently: one plays it using timidity, whereas the
other asks to Download or Cancel the file.

BTW, _/etc/lynx/lynx.cfg_ and _/home/user/.lynxrc_ are also the same.
Can you suggest what else should I check?

Thanks for your attention, regards Ennio

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.   \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"  (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)