Re: Some help with dd backing up into an iso

I changed the rights 0755 to this lost+ and it got stuck to an other
folder and contents that had only root/owner  privileges
So I decided to run the whole script as sudo or sudo xorriso and it
seems the problem is solved.

Should I attempt to rebuild it to a test disk to see if it reliable?

Thomas Schmitt:
> Whatever, this is a local filesystem problem which we may try to
> circumvent by omitting the offending file object.
>
>    xorriso \
>    -for_backup \
>    -outdev usb_part1.iso \
>    -not_paths /media/user/sid/lost+found -- \
>    -map /media/user/sid /

xorriso : UPDATE : Writing:    1925120s   99.8%   fifo 100%  buf  50%
24.2xD
ISO image produced: 1927897 sectors
Written to medium : 1928064 sectors at LBA 32
Writing to 'usb_part2.iso' completed successfully.

ISO image produced: 1927897 sectors
Written to medium : 1928064 sectors at LBA 32
Writing to 'usb_part1.iso' completed successfully.

--
 "The most violent element in society is ignorance" rEG