Re: installing knoppix or debian on hard list

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 18:38:52 +0000
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 04 February 2017 13:16:23 Richard Owlett wrote:
> > I have never had any contact with Knoppix so do not know if a
> > similar procedure could be followed.
>
> Knoppix is intended primarily as a Live CD, and last time I tried was
> quite tricky to install.

It's been years since I tried that. As I recall, the installation was
easy enough, but as we are warned, Knoppix is not maintainable, so is
not very suitable for long-term use.

It's designed to be used exactly as issued, with the user moving on to
the next version when released. The design effort goes into the hardware
compatibility, with no attention paid either to continuously upgrading a
hard drive installation, or an in-place upgrade to the next version.

--
Joe