Upgrading Jessie to Stretch

Hi all!

Given that Stretch is in the final freeze phase, I thought it was a good
idea to upgrade my desktop computer from Jessie to Stretch to start
getting used to using it.

After updating to the latest version of stable and changing "jessie" to
"stretch" in sources.list, I started with the usual procedure: updating
APT and other utilities, to have available the improvements that have
been introduced.

# apt-get install apt dpkg aptitude -V

But this seems to cause some VLC dependencies to break:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 libvlccore8 : Breaks: vlc (< 2.2.4-7~) but 2.2.4-1~deb8u1 is to be
installed
               Breaks: vlc-nox (< 2.2.4-7~) but 2.2.4-1~deb8u1 is to be
installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be
caused by held packages.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,