Re: [FOLLOW-UP] Re: Having scanned set of installation DVDs...

Richard Owlett wrote:
> Didn't get to it as soon as expected.
> Just copying /etc/apt/sources.list and /var/lib/apt/lists is not enough.
> Using either synaptic or apt-get I get an error message telling me to run
> apt-cdrom so the cdrom can be recognized.
> The information about what package is on which CD is present as it reports which
> CD it is looking for.

  years ago i copied from dvds to a subdirectory
on an external USB drive.  it worked ok, but i did
have to tell in the apt sources list that i was
using a file and not a dvd.

  i am pretty sure i used a "cp -r" to do it too...

  fwiw,  :)

  songbird