Re: jessie: ALSA fails on first use after reboot

D. R. Evans wrote on 01/02/2017 11:28 AM:
> Michael Luecke wrote on 01/01/2017 10:29 AM:
>
>> Maybe you could try this to find out if there is some process blocking
>> the sound device:
>>
>> $ fuser -v /dev/snd/* /dev/dsp*
>
> Thank you very much for that suggestion. I'll try it when I next reboot that
> machine (probably sometime in the next couple of days).

It's been a long time, but I finally rebooted that machine, and all that that
command gave me was:

----

root@shack:/home/n7dr# fuser -v /dev/snd/* /dev/dsp/*
Specified filename /dev/dsp/* does not exist.
root@shack:/home/n7dr#

----

As usual the first attempt to open hw:0,0 failed with the "Device or resource
busy" message, and subsequent attempts to open it worked fine.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR