Re: shutdown fails to power off host

Am Wed, 04 Jan 2017 22:59:46 -0800 schrieb Bob McGowan:

> When I shutdown my desktop system, the screen displays messages from
> systemd (I presume), the last of which is "Reached target Shutdown".

Just a thought...

I'm running Debian Jessie and I see the same behavior with my Thinkpad
T500.

In my case the reason is the Network Manager. I have 2 NFS shares mounted
over Wifi. The Network Manager stops Wifi before unmounting the NFS
shares. This leads to a looooong time out. After that, I see the "Reached
target Shutdown" message and the system in still powered.

I have to unmount the NFS volumes first and than I can shutdown the
system.