Re: shutdown fails to power off host

On 2017-01-17, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> Since it's a desktop I told the users that it's safe to power off the thing
> when in this state and filed it under "unsolved hardware/init system quirks".

I suffer from one of these unsolved quirks. Occasionally my machine will
shutdown correctly but will not power off. I have detected no
discernible pattern (or discerned no detectable pattern).

I power the machine off manually when the quirk occurs.

--
“It is enough that the arrows fit exactly in the wounds that they have made.”
Franz Kafka