Re: apt-get is not following preferences.d

Am 12.01.2017 um 19:43 schrieb Michael Lange:
Just a shot in the dark:
maybe the apt-get update at boot time is done before a network connection
has been established? I noticed that this can lead to the exact behavior
you describe when pinning is in use. Apparently a bug in apt.

Regards

Michael

Hello Michael,

I gave it a try. I unplugged the network and did an apt-get update. This is throwing all the errors that the repos are not available. But in the end the next "apt-get dist-upgrade" indeed wants to update all packages to testing.

So it seems that this is an issue with network not ready while apt-get update is being performed.

How do I fix this? Where to look?

And thank you for the hint, Michael.
Matthias