Re: How to fix screen resolution ( has been set to 1024 * 768 )

On 12 January 2017 at 18:50, Michael Fothergill <michael.fothergill@gmail.com> wrote:

On 12 January 2017 at 17:50, Cathy Gramze <rhiamom@gmail.com> wrote:
And what video card/chipset do you have? I got the 1024x768 until I installed firmware-Linux-nonfree to get the firmware for my integrated Intel graphics. Perhaps you, too need some firmware. It's the best bet when other distros Just Work, as they include non-free drivers by default, and Debian doesn't.

cathy

Presumably if you ran gNewSense which is a version of Debian recommended by the Free Software Foundation then you would have to use xorg.conf to set the screen resolution.

Think gNewSense = orthodox ; Debian = reformed; Ubuntu = secular/heterodox......

MF ​​