Re: CDROM device suddenly doesn't exist....

On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 11:52:30 -0500 Ric Moore sent:

> Do you have a bios selection for the cdrom drive?? Last time this
> happened to me, replacement of the drive fixed the problem. Ric

	After contemplation, my reply is:

Thanks Thomas and Ric,

Nothing in dmesg report and I will look at the BIOS and see what is to
be seen there.

Not using that drive hardly at all. I'm not too worried, but it just
seemed a strange thing to happen.

Thank you both for your help.

Charlie

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	A man is either free or he is not. There cannot be any
	apprenticeship for freedom. --Amiri Baraka

	Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.